Saturday 15 August 2009

Disguise In Blessings !

Dear blog

This time around, I'm blogging a really confronting poem of mine... I show my dissent against some of the 'blessings' of modernisation and urbanisation in Free India. So, here it goes:


I HAVE NOT SLEPT

That night I could not sleep,
When I saw on the small screen,
That a prominent minister,
Was inaugurating a tall barrier,
I have never heard of walls having opening ceremonies;
I think, we should call it the closing ceremony,
It shuts the possibility of being anything,
Doing anything, anywhere
It closes my life to myself.

That night I could not sleep;
Felt as if somebody was chopping me into two,
Felt as if somebody was announcing my death,
Felt as if I was being rejected right under my nose.
That night I could not sleep;
In fact, nights after that night,
I did not sleep,
Because the walls prevented
My veins carrying blood to reach arteries.
Words have now become scarce,
While illustrating the walls,
While describing the makers of walls,
I have lost my sleep altogether.

The walls all mushrooming everywhere;
Millions are being invested in,
Separating mom from her son,
Separating dad from his daughter,
Separating man from a man.
So many machines and so many bricks ...
Everything being approached to divide,
Farms are being destroyed,
Approach roads are being blocked.
Normal life has become an exception,
Sleep has disappeared,
Nowhere to be seen ...


Fight on, Move on and hence Live on ...

No comments:

Post a Comment