Sunday 23 August 2009

The Awakening !

Dear blog

I'll be unfair to the following poem of mine, if I try to introduce it here. The words have been chosen carefully for this poem and it conveys everything in the best way possible. So, here it goes :

One fine morning,
I woke up to realise-
That I have lost something ,
I have lost something really precious ...

I could no longer giggle,
My childhood right to giggle has been denied !
I was only supposed to smile,
And be the most graceful lass or one of its kind ...

I could no longer fantasize,
My childhood right to dream has been denied !
I was only allowed to make plans,
And come up with the most fruitful or one of its kind ...

I could no longer get wet in the rain,
My childhood right to embrace nature has been denied !
I was only asked to be a passive admirer,
And be a perfect grown up or one of its kind ...

I could no longer chat with God,
My childhood right to connect with Him has been denied !
I was only expected to be His blind follower,
And be His most disciplined worshipper or one of its kind ...

I could no longer be innocent,
My childhood right to befriend innocence has been denied !
When ? Where ? How? - I don't know,
I had lost my innocence, somehow ...

On the road to earn a living,
I ceased to earn a life ...
On the way to realise 'their' wishes,
I forgot to make a wish of mine ...

On that very morning,
I realised something else too ...
That it was me, who let 'them' misguide me
And it has to be me, who will rediscover my life's glory ...

They say - I have lost my innocence
I believe, My innocence is lost in no sense ...

Fight on, Move on and hence Live on ...

No comments:

Post a Comment