Thursday 16 December 2010

ALL IN ALL, A GOOD-GOOD LIFE

Dear blog

I have got something to share. It's about the things around. About the things I like to think just before I close my eyes. Things I don't say quite often! Things I need to remind myself when I am a little low. Things I felt worth sharing here :)

Here, it goes:


Instead of painting them with light pink, and hoping that the teachers would not notice 'that' tinge on my nails; I paint them green and sometimes even blue now, just to make sure that 'people' do notice them! Instead of putting some 'decent' hair clips here and there and assuming that they would be excused for some unknown but valid reasons, I go wild with my hair now. And perhaps with those clips too! Things have become so colourful. And life definitely promises to be!

Those delicate eyes lined with 'some' kohl has become an old story already. Its probably about unconventional shades and somehow darker eyes now. And it's more about keeping pace. And who knows if it is just about 'that' pace. But then, it's just another 'may-be' adorning our college lives! And the funny part is that this new life and its newer story has no space for the old ones. It doesn't allow enough time to feel nostalgia!

Instead of buying every book of the syllabi, I simply get them issued from the library now. And the important part is that the money saved can be 'utilised' to pay those heavy cell-phone bills! And if, by any chance, some money still adorns my pocket, then it's a 'happy-Maggie' time! Though it's a different tale that happy times can never last long!

Every morning, with ear phones tucked in ears, flaunting proudly the bracelet I bought just yesterday, I stand in the crowd of thousands, waiting for the next metro, hoping endlessly that I'll make it in time for the lecture. And the interesting part is that every person in the crowd has a similar story to share!

The good thing about school-life is that the college life is yet to come. And the bad thing about college-life is that I am over with my school life. But the best thing is that I'm making memories for a lifetime in the meanwhile!

Every once in a while, some familiar but faint breeze does embrace me, and remind me of the life I had; some song brings back the glory of the old ones; some old friends do call up (usually only then, when they have substantial talk-time!) just to make sure that we are still under the same sky! Pondering over this and lots more, I enter my class just in time, feeling an obvious hope that, all in all, it's a good-good life! After all, it has a bit of everything! :)

Fight on, Move on and hence Live on...

No comments:

Post a Comment